2017 Leadership Conference & Business Partner Expo
Join us for the 5th Annual HRMA of Greater St. Louis Leadership Conference & Business Partner Expo! Register now to attend the region's premier Human Resources professional development conference for an opportunity to enhance your HR practitioner skills while earning up to 5.5 hours of HRCI and SHRM recertification credits. The day is packed with opportunities to expand your knowledge, network with regional HR colleagues and visit our Business Partner Expo showcasing HR-related products and services.
Friday, October 27, 2017
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa
Opening Keynote: Truly Human Leadership
Start the day with our opening keynote speaker, Bob Chapman, Chairman and CEO of Barry-Wehmiller. Bob Chapman imagines a world where people leave work each day fulfilled by their work. He imagines a world full of caring work environments in which people can realize their gifts, apply and develop their talents, and feel a genuine sense of fulfillment for their contributions. And in this world, because their work is fulfilling, people go home happy and are better spouses, parents, neighbors, and friends.
As Chairman and CEO of $2 billion capital equipment and engineering solutions firm Barry-Wehmiller, Chapman has championed fulfilling work and a compassionate work environment through his commitment to Truly Human Leadership.
In his speech, Chapman challenges traditional thinking about how to run a business and how to be an effective leader. He offers simple, yet groundbreaking ideas on how to create meaningful work environments grounded in people-centric leadership. Attendees will leave inspired and equipped to implement Chapman's concepts today to help build better organizations for tomorrow. Read more about Bob Chapman.
Luncheon Keynote: Resiliency
In 1979, just 15 days into his tour of duty with the U.S. Marine Corps at the American Embassy in Tehran, Iran, luncheon keynote speaker, Rodney "Rocky" Sickmann, became a player in one of the most terrifying events in U.S. history.
On November 4, 1979, after months of turmoil marked by the return of the exiled Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the American Embassy in Tehran was overrun by militants and its employees were taken captive. Sergeant Rocky Sickmann, then just 22, was one of 65 Americans taken hostage. Sickmann remained a hostage for 444 days before being released on January 21, 1981 following 14 months of diplomacy by President Jimmy Carter.
Three months later, Sickmann was Honorably Discharged after six years in the U.S. Marine Corps and began working in advertising for KMOX radio in St. Louis, MO. Sickmann then entered the private sector for Anheuser-Busch InBev. He spent the next 34 years with the company, most recently as the Director for Military and Industry Affairs, until his retirement in July 2016. Read more about Rocky Sickmann.
Educational Sessions for Everyone! Topics Include:
- Integration of Talent Acquisition & Talent Management: The Do's & Don'ts
- Summary of Business Legislation: 2017 Regular Session of the Missouri General Assembly
- Apprenticeship Programs - Bridging the Employment Gap for Returning Veterans & Individuals with Disabilities
- Selecting the Right HR Technology for Your Business
- Implementing Diversity: A Program That Works
- Sexting, Security & Social Media: Digital Dilemmas in the Workplace & How to Solve Them
- Invisible Disabilities in the Work Force
- Making (and Winning) the Case for HR Transformation
- From HR Generalist to CHRO - What is Your HR Career Path?
- Reality HR - The Unfolding of a Reasonable Accommodation Request Right Before Your Eyes
- Why Community Matters: The Role of Civic Leadership in Employee Productivity
- The Interaction Between Human Resources & Legal
- Secrets of St. Louis' Great Places to Work
- Handling FMLA: Seven Policies & Seven Strategies Every Employer Should Know
- Employee Resource Groups: Moving from Concept to Implementation
- Is Your Organization Taking the Pay Gap Seriously?
Members - Included in Membership
Non-Members - $250
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
One Ameristart Blvd.
St. Charles, MO 63301
Sponsorship opportunities are available! All sponsorship packages include:
- Exhibit booth at Business Partner Expo
- Full-day exposure to members and attendees
- One non-member conference registration (member registrations are complimentary)
- Listing in conference program with logo
- Receive copy of conference attendee list (name and company only)
- Diamond - $5,000
- Sapphire - $3,000
- Emerald - $750 HRMA Members/$1,000 Non-Members