Human Resources Director
Spectrum Brands – Pet, Home & Garden, based in St. Louis, Missouri, is a leading supplier of well-recognized consumer products globally for the pet supply markets, and nationally for the home, lawn and garden insect and weed control markets. The company delivers innovative products of outstanding quality for the pet owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles. The company also delivers groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality, so consumers benefit from insect and weed control solutions. The Home & Garden brands — Spectracide®, Garden Safe®, Hot Shot®, Cutter®, Repel®, Black Flag® and Liquid Fence® — and the Pet Brands — Tetra®, Instant Ocean®, Marineland®, 8-in-1®, Dingo®, FURminator®, Nature’s Miracle®, GloFish®, DreamBone® and SmartBones® — are well-recognized by consumers for delivering exceptional value and trusted results.
HR Director partners with Sales, Marketing and GPD leadership teams to provide high level support to those functions, as well as the broader company on issues related to organizational development, training, employee/labor relations, employment, performance management and compensation management.
Human Resources Director
||St Louis, MO
|Posting Start Date:
- Partner with company leaders and managers in designated functional areas to review and understand business and strategic requirements.
- Facilitate the development of programs and solutions to help support and respond to business needs. Provide proactive HR advice to Sales, Marketing and GPD functions to minimize and prevent company liability and increase profitability.
- Analyze employee data to enhance and improve HR programs, services, and employee experience.
- As member of the HR department, participate in department and/or company-wide projects
- Partner with the Sales, Marketing and GPD leadership team to provide strategic HR guidance. This includes the development, implementation and/or oversight of training, performance management, talent management, contingency planning, and compensation strategy for the workforce.
- Under the direction of the DVP, Human Resources, coordinate all strategic activities as appropriate with cross-functional teams within the group and at the corporate level within the Spectrum Brands HR community.
- Continually assess and develop organization structure to meet future needs of organization
- Develop and implement succession-planning initiatives, including career progression paths
- Partner with leadership to identify and develop top talent utilizing the talent management process. Develop and implement retention activities and succession strategies to retain high potential high performers.
- Identify and implement training initiatives to provide fundamental HR knowledge to Supervisors and Managers in support of their roles as leaders.
- Oversee performance management process and objectives and ensuring consistency of standards.
- Coach and counsel managers, team and employees on performance-related problems. Resolve issues in order to maintain positive employee relations while at the same time, optimize organizational performance. Track and identify trends in situational discord for possible strategic resolution.
- Practice and guide managers and team in consideration of employment law and regulations. Ensures investigations are conducted in a professional manner, compliant with all relevant local, state and federal laws, and that all parties involved are treated with dignity and respect.
- Develop and oversee recruitment strategy to maximize Seasonal staffing models.
- Support recruiting for all positions in the Sales, Marketing, and GPD departments.
- Support effective new hire experience and onboarding for all new hires and internal promotions
- Partner with Sales leadership to design incentive plans that are reward desired behaviors and promote a pay for performance culture and alignment within PHG
- Partner with Compensation team to ensure incentive programs are clearly communicated, correctly administered and produce desired results
- Partner with Compensation team to assess ongoing market place trends and geographic considerations for market competitiveness
- Oversee auto allowance program for support groups
Company Policies & Procedures:
- Participate with the development and implementation of HR related policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring effective communication of these policies to the organization. Also be responsible for updating and ensuring all policies and procedures comply with current employment laws and practices.
||This listing expires on: 6/14/2018