Senior Manager of Human Resources
Thompson Coburn is seeking a Senior Manager of Human Resources for a critical hands-on, strategic position in our St. Louis office. This role is ideal for someone with a passion for managing talent while working closely with the Director of Human Resources to create an innovative atmosphere, focusing on compliance, process improvement, innovation and collaboration. If you have a passion for diversity and inclusion, employee relations, talent acquisition, federal and state compliance and you practice relentless attention to detail, please consider applying for our position. Qualified candidates will have over eight years of experience in an HR Manager role.
- Actively manages a staff of Human Resources professionals in discrete and collective responsibilities. Engages in cross-training of staff as appropriate. Is expected to be familiar with all functions and aspects of human resources.
- Manages the talent acquisition function for administrative staff. Works closely with recruiting staff to analyze current and future staffing needs and provide counsel to both human resources recruiting staff and hiring managers.
- In conjunction with the Director of Human Resources, works to enhance firmwide policies, integrative strategies, and education programs to continue to promote a diverse and inclusive environment, as well as provide professional development for the staff, consistent with Firm policies.
- Ensures government compliance by managing the following: federal and state leaves of absence, EEO administration, I-9 Compliance, E-Verify, and documentation within personnel files. Determines appropriate actions to be taken based on state and federal regulations.
- Serves as internal consultant to senior staff, managers, and supervisors regarding employee relations issues. Consultation areas to include: recruiting and retention; performance management; management training, and organizational development.
- Serves as internal consultant to employees regarding employee relations and policy issues. Consultation areas to include: assistance with policy interpretation, open and direct communication, conflict resolution, performance management, and conduct related issues.
- Manages the staff performance management function.
- Provides support and backup to Director of Human Resources as directed on both process oriented and strategic human resources initiatives.
- Provides input to or helps to define short and long-term HR departmental goals and objectives to ensure effective and efficient human resources services that are aligned with overall Firm strategy.
Senior Manager of Human Resources
||Thompson Coburn LLP
||St. Louis, MO
|Posting Start Date:
This position has the following requirements:
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Maintains in–depth knowledge of federal regulations and laws, in addition to regulations and state law for California, Missouri, Illinois, and Washington, DC and other jurisdictions as required and has the ability to appropriately apply knowledge of policy, employment laws and/or other regulations to solve a problem.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Possesses strong leadership, coaching, and employee relations skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and possesses a working knowledge of both HRIS and talent management systems.
- Possesses a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills while maintaining all information in the strictest of confidence.
- Must have ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess relentless attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- This is a full-time position which requires working in the office a minimum of 40 hours per week on a regular basis. Oftentimes, it may also include working outside of normal business hours to ensure completion of position requirements.
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the work day, having the ability to transport 20 pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources or a related field is required. SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant Human Resources experience is required, as is a minimum of 5 years in a management role within Human Resources overseeing staff.
- Experience or working knowledge of a law firm or other professional services firm is preferred.
Thompson Coburn LLP, is a large, full service, multi-state firm with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and Washington D.C. At Thompson Coburn, our behavior and the expectations we have of ourselves are guided by the values that we hold in the highest regard: integrity, a passion for excellence, a focus on serving the client, a value of diversity, innovation, creativity, trust, and loyalty. Within the Firm, we value each other as people and colleagues. In addition to the exceptional working environment and a competitive salary, Thompson Coburn provides the following benefit options to qualifying employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Firm Paid 401(k) & Profit Sharing plans
- Parking/Transportation Stipend
- Section 125 Plan (Pre-tax premiums, dependent care and medical reimbursement)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Savings Plan Deductions (529 Plans)
- Long Term Care
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, we want to learn more about you. To be considered, please complete our online application which can be found by visiting the site below.
||This listing expires on: 2/10/2018